West Ham will return from the International break and will resume their Premier League campaign with a trip up north to take on Sheffield United.
West Ham will be hoping to make it two wins from two. Before the break, the Hammers edged out Fulham in dramatic circumstances. Sheffield United will be hoping to pick up their win of the season when the Hammers visit.
1. Since the Tevez sage there has always been a tension between the two clubs, what do you make of the issue?
I believe that’s more a West Ham issue now, we’ve moved on, in our minds, it was put to bed the moment Michael Doyle scored that penalty and the cheque cleared.
2. Sheffield United were brilliant last season but are now at the bottom of the league. What’s gone wrong this season?
Injuries to key players have not helped, the loss of Jack O’Connell is the worst thing that could have happened to us! Of course, we have had a horrible run of games but we can’t excuse that we just haven’t been playing to our potential especially against Fulham and Leeds. We are hoping that we just finally find that spark that we had last season but it’s getting harder to find the longer we go without a win.
3. Could Chris Wilder’s job be at risk?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Sorry, I can’t take that question seriously, The only way he is at risk is if he’s pictured in a We*nesday shirt!
4. What is the aim for the rest of the season?
The same as it was from match week 1 last season! To stay in the division! We have to be realistic, we’re not going to have last season’s fairytale every year, we have to establish ourselves in the top flight, the key to this is surviving and build! So if we finish 17th, it’s been a successful season!
5. What are the weak points in the Blades team that the Hammers should target?
The left side, it’s so makeshift currently that I believe a good Evo stick team could exploit it.
6. Who should the Hammers be careful of in the Sheffield United team?
7. What have you made of West Ham this season?
They have looked strong, much improved from last season! Michail Antonio especially if you keep it up it could be a very good season ahead for West Ham.
8. Which Hammers are you most nervous about facing? And Why?
Antonio and Robert Snodgrass, ex Wendy players always bag against us, and other than the VAR moment cancelling it out Snodgrass always does the same no matter who he’s playing for!
9. What is your prediction for the match?
Unfortunately for us with further rising injuries and West Ham’s strong start along with the lack of fans to get the atmosphere to fever pitch I see West Ham having the most comfortable game at The Lane they have ever had and running rough shot down the left side!